July 26, 2008

Side Tracked

I was going to finish up the Milking Goats info (part II) but decided to wait. Maybe tomorrow.

Been a bit under the weather so to speak. Not feeling so chipper. Do believe the heat has taken it's toll on me. With the heat index and all, has been close to 100ยบ here. Was hoping for a cool morning to work out in today but nope. It's so close out there you can cut it with a knife.



Forecast says: AREAS OF LOCALLY DENSE FOG WILL OCCUR EARLY THIS MORNING. THE VISIBILITY MAY DROP BELOW A HALF MILE IN SOME AREAS.


Peter Piper Picked a Peck


They have all came ripe at the same time. Dad is coming out Sunday so we can make pickles. If I could find a pickle relish recipe I would love to can a few jars.

You need to stop by Eat The Blog(scroll up to My Favorite Blogs list). Goody is making goodies! Mulled Honey, Pickled Spice Pineapple (looks scrumptious), Lemon Prune cookies and one of my favorites Lemon Curd! I didn't know Lemon Curd could be frozen. Going to try it!

Matt came over yesterday with his rider to mow. My push mower is causing me fits. Besides the blade not being sharp, most of the time it won't start, it seems to sputter and spit along with a bit of smoke when I can get it started and use it. Dad suggested taking it to the small engine shop, but I decided to save a few dollars and let Matt look at it. The thing that urks me the most, is I go to use the mower, it refuses to start. But let any man try to start it, of course on the first try it starts and doesn't act at all contrary for them as it does for me. He got it started on the first pull, it smoked a tad bit (proof I am not imagining it)he thinks the oil was too full. Told me to go ahead and use it, the smoking should stop. OK, back to the original point, the thing won't start for me.
Bless his heart, he mowed all around the drive, the house and the milk room. Just left me the path ways to the goat pastures. Told me to watch for snakes.
Oh like that really makes me want to mow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pe you get to feeling better soon, it isn't as hot here in Ohio though, take care!

Goody said...

Aw, thanks. I wish I had a recipe to help you out but I can't stand cucumbers or relish, etc.

Hope you're feeling better.